Employment Opportunities in Our Rapidly Expanding Group
Antwerp Dental Group is the fastest expanding Dental Group, based in and around Cambridge. We put clinical care as the highest priority, and ensure that our patient’s receive the very best dentistry. We are currently the only practice in the country to have received the customer service excellence award and the Princess Royal Training Award. We are interested in employing individuals who value providing the very best experience for our patients.
Antwerp Dental Academy (www.antwerpdentalacademy.co.uk), the educational arm of our group, led by our founder and CEO Raj Wadhwani ensures that our skills development programmes are up to date and relevant for all sectors of our workforce.
We support applications from :
- Associate Dentists
- Associates with conditions
- Associates who require Performer List Validation of Experience (PLVE)
- Qualified and Trainee dental nurses
- Receptionists and Front of House Professionals
- Dental Practice Managers and individuals with management experience
- Individuals with Human Resources experience
- Individuals with Marketing and Developer experience
Our teams are constantly involved in training, whether this be dentist training, advanced nurse skills training, management or business training.
We constantly seek individuals who believe in excellence, and can commit willingly to personal development to fit in with our care and customer service excellence ethos.
Antwerp Dental Group welcomes applications from dentists who are seeking to either start their associate career in general practice or follow a career in private dentistry.
Foundation Dentists, PLVE applications, Associates with Conditions
We are one of the few practices in England who run a bespoke training academy for Dentists who are subject to conditional inclusion on the dental performer’s list. We work closely with the Local Area Team (LAT) to discharge conditions for inclusion on the dental performers list. We do this by a similar mentoring model to Foundation Dentistry :
- Overall support from our Training Director, Raj Wadhwani
- Bespoke day to day clinical support from a designated and approved clinical mentor
- A weekly training programme involving lectures and practicals from various clinicians within Antwerp Dental Group covering all major disciplines in dentistry, and led by Raj Wadhwani
- Bespoke clinical mentoring in various disciplines
- Development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence, skills, and leadership ability of an effective dental practitioner
Post Foundation Dentists
Dentists who are new to primary care dentistry are issued with a sensible UDA target and automatically enrole on Antwerp Dental Academy’s mentoring programme. This programme helps young dentists develop a healthy mix of NHS and Private Dentistry.
Experienced dentists who either have a special interest , or who wish to develop a private general practice career are placed in a practice where there is scope for private services. It is sometimes necessary to provide a mix of NHS and private dentistry for a while while a private list is developing.
To enable private dentists to establish presence quickly, the practice organises :
- A set of carefully constructed web pages that will inform patients of the new dentist’s special interests and skills.
- a google-ads campaign for generating new leads for the dentist until he/she has a steady stream of private patients
Within Antwerp Dental Group there is a strong drive to help patients understand the importance of gum care through clinical pathways. We are therefore always seeking interest from professional hygienists who wish to join our team. Please apply within.
Dental Practice Managers
If you are a qualified nurse but have developed a talent for leading teams (or if you are aspiring to), feel that you are articulate and highly numerate such that you can turn your focus to practice accounts, while at the same time navigate your way through the confounding array of employment legislation and human resource matters then we would love to hear from you. Our Operations Director and Financial Director will support you through your development in becoming an effective practice manager who can ensure the ongoing effectiveness and viability of your dental practice.
Front of House Professionals
If you think you have the skills to multi-task, and provide an exceptional experience to our patients in their journey by taking enquiries, supporting bookings, providing exceptional customer service, including the usual administration of a busy Front of House professional in a bust dental environment then we would like to hear from you. Fill our the form below, and we would love to consider you for a role in one of our professional patient Front of House environments.
Cambridge Dental Nurse Academy (CDNA) is the nurse training arm of Antwerp Dental Academy and works in partnership with Harriet Ellis and TempDent to facilitate training of student dental nurses within Antwerp Dental Group.
CDNA delivers an in house skill development programme for qualified dental nurses to provide nurses with advanced skills, whereas our partners deliver accredited training to achieve GDC registration.
We are particularly interested to hear from qualified nurses seeking progression and to attain advanced skills in photography, cosmetic dentistry, orthodontics, oral surgery, sedation, or implantology.
Our Educational Values
- Enhancing the care of patients through dental education
- Modelling good professional behaviour and attitudes at all times
- Continuously seeking to improve his or her educational practice
- Learner-centred education, safeguarding learner wellbeing
- Enabling a culture of personal and professional development
- Actively contributing to and supporting the education of colleagues
- Equality and diversity
- GDC Standards promoting high quality, ethical, safe patient-centred care at all times, and seeking to maintain oral health, prevent oral disease and ensure patient dignity