Ceramic Fillings, with CEREC
- Do you want highly aesthetic, tooth-coloured fillings created and placed during a single dental appointment?
- When making crowns, would you prefer not to have an impression and a temporary?
- Do you prefer metal-free, biocompatible materials?
All this is now possible. Thanks to CEREC. And these ceramic restorations can be created and placed during a single appointment. CEREC is a sophisticated CAD/CAM system for the production of all-ceramic inlays, onlays, partial crowns, veneers and crowns for anterior and posterior teeth.
CEREC stands for CERamin REConstruction, and this technique uses CAD/CAM dentistry to manufacture restorations.
The benefits of CEREC are as follows :
- one visit procedure
- no impressions
- no temporaries
- highly aesthetic
- long lasting
Modern CAD/CAM technology makes it possible. Ask us about CEREC. We’ll be glad to advise you.
CEREC – a procedure with a long tradition
CEREC procedure was developed at Zurich University and has been successfully deployed in dental practices since 1985 – i.e. for more than 25 years.
Worldwide more than 25,000 practices in over 50 countries work with the CEREC system.
Since 1985 over 8 million patients have been treated using the CEREC procedure.
More than 20 million ceramic restorations have been created and placed. Long-term clinical studies demonstrate that, in terms of durability, CEREC restorations are at least equivalent to gold restorations.
Depending on the individual case, CEREC fillings can achieve even better results than gold fillings.
The CEREC treatment procedure means:
- No conventional impressions. The CEREC 3D measuring camera scans the prepared tooth in just a few seconds. This eliminates the need for unpleasant silicone impressions.
- No temporaries. CEREC restorations are milled out of a solid ceramic block in just a few minutes. They are then ready to be placed immediately. This eliminates the need for temporary fillings and crowns. It also means that you need only one appointment. And you don’t have to wait for days on end until the ceramic filling is finished.
- No long waiting periods. Because CEREC restorations can be placed immediately, you need only one appointment. And you benefit from tooth restorations which have demonstrated their durability time and time again.
For more information and video, click here »
The CEREC procedure step by step (see picture below)
- Before treatment begins we inform you about the benefits of CEREC.
- After removing the decayed tissue or the defective amalgam filling we create a 3D image of the tooth with the aid of the CEREC camera.
- The restoration is designed on the monitor of the CEREC acquisition unit.
- The CEREC milling unit machines the restoration out of a ceramic block.
- The milled restoration is bonded directly to your tooth.